Updates: One Week Left
(1) A MESSAGE FROM CAMPAIGN MANAGER DOUG FRIEDLINE
Dear Hagelin Supporters,
We are only a few days away from the big day... and we still have a chance to make a difference in the upcoming election. Please help out John and Nat by following these action steps:
1. PROMOTE THE DAVID LYNCH TAPE. Please tell your friends about the John Hagelin interview tape produced by David Lynch. Tell them when it's playing on TV (see schedule of local broadcasts at http://archive.hagelin.org/happening/publicaccess.htm ) or show them the interview on Real Player on the Hagelin website at http://archive.hagelin.org/soundbytes/davidlynch.htm .
2. PICK UP THE PHONE. Call 10-25 friends and tell them about John and Nat's candidacy. Encourage them to visit Hagelin website at http://archive.hagelin.org and to watch John and Nat when they're on TV (check out John and Nat's schedule at http://archive.hagelin.org/schedule.htm ).
3. GET BUMPER STICKERS. Call the Hagelin/Goldhaber headquarters at 877-Hagelin to order bumper stickers for your car and for your friends' cars. Remember, they don't do any good if they don't make it onto your car. If you don't like putting bumper stickers on your car because they seem so permanent, don't fear--our bumper stickers are removable! Or you can put them on the back window or use a hair dryer to make them even easier to peel off.
4. DISTRIBUTE OUR ONLINE BROCHURE. Download the online Hagelin/ Goldhaber brochure at http://archive.hagelin.org/hagelinbrochure.pdf . Print the brochure on goldenrod paper (which you can find at Staples or Kinko's). Make as many copies as you can afford, and pass the brochures out to friends, relatives, fellow workers, and classmates. Walk through your neighborhood and distribute them door to door.
5. PUT UP A LAWN SIGN. Contact your state coordinator to find out how to get your lawn sign. We are distributing stencils to the state coordinators so lawn signs can be painted and distributed. Check in your garage for plywood, and call your coordinator to help out in this effort. Or you can download a lawn sign at http://archive.hagelin.org/lawnsign.htm , print it out, and display it with pride!
(2) JOHN HAGELIN ON CNN FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3
On Friday, November 3, between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time, John Hagelin will appear on CNN's "Business Unusual" to speak about his presidential campaign. Please be sure to tune in!
(3) VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3
On Friday, November 3, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time, vice presidential candidate Nat Goldhaber will participate in a third-party vice presidential debate sponsored by American University (see details below).
The debate will take place at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. This event is free and open to the public, and we urge all Washington-area supporters of the Hagelin/ Goldhaber campaign to attend. For directions, please call the National Press Club at 202-662-7500.
C-SPAN has expressed an interest in taping and broadcasting the debate. To verify scheduling information, please call C-SPAN's Viewer Services at (765) 464-3080 or visit the C-SPAN website at http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/cspan.csp?command=dschedule .The American University press release about this event follows:
- NEWS RELEASE -
Third-Party Vice Presidential Debate at the National Press Club on Fri., Nov. 3 Four years ago, the American University Department of History co-sponsored the debate that the political establishment didn't want you to hear. This was the now famous and often replayed debate among third party vice presidential candidates.
All members of the media and the general public are invited to attend the Election Year 2000 version of this one-of-a-kind event, co-sponsored by the AU History Department and the Commission on Fair Elections. The 90-minute debate will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, November 3, at the National Press Club. As in 1996, Professor Allan J. Lichtman, Chair of the American University History Department will moderate the event.
The debate will feature the following vice presidential candidates:
Nat Goldhaber, Natural Law Party
"Please do not attend this event if you crave pre-scripted responses to questions and narrowly circumscribed positions," said Professor Lichtman. "Come only if you might enjoy spontaneity, humor, and unconventional approaches to national issues."
(4) JESSE VENTURA ON JOHN HAGELIN
Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura has written an online essay entitled "Vote Your Heart and Your Conscience and You May Be Surprised What Happens" (http://www.msnbc.com/news/483201.asp ). The essay, which strongly supports getting out the vote, includes a six-minute video clip in which the Governor speaks very favorably of John Hagelin, in contrast to the other presidential candidates.
Home | Introduction | Platform | News | States | Campaign 2000 | Calendar of Events | Students |Genetic Engineering | Legislative Initiatives | Email Congress | Books | Directory